Sunday, May 23, 2010

Selecting a Topic for your Campaign

Understand the issue:
What issue?
What about the issue?
What does it concern?
(Where and When?)
Who does it concern?
Who should be concerned?
Why should it be of concern?

Get your perspectives
Define the problem, if any:
local or global
psychological (emotional)
or physical (health)
young or old
Male or female
social or personal problem
(group or individual)

State (show) the facts :
Proven fact or opinion?
Use support
eg. magazine articles or newsclips

Set objectives:
Warning or advice?
Appeal or annouce?
-talking to individual or group
-image building by association
(making a statement)

Your ads must set out to:
Stop or Support, eg:
-encourage, change perception
-report someone
-fight or make a statement

Your call-for-action (if any)
Donate
Call for help/counselling/advice

1) Define the issue
2) Understand the issue
It will be based on a health/safety/social/cultural/national interest/environmental/humanitarian issue
3) Explain the issue
This perspective comes from my understanding gathered through -my readings from a magazine article/news report/my opinion supported by a book I read/my views collected from my experience/my feelings only.

No comments: